Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soooo...how does one manage, coordinate, and emotionally handle two Dom's at once? Is there a 12-step program for such things I wonder? Highly doubtful. Anybody out there have a procedural list of how-to's, or perhaps a spiritually miraculous wisdom about dealing with 2 men who are polar opposites as boyfriends/lovers/and-or Dom's?

Anybody?

(I'm hearing crickets). Speak up damn you!

...Okey dokey then.

Looks like I'm venturing into new territory as a pioneer in this particular scenario. From what I remember (dusting off my world history class notes from college), many pioneers throughout history have often been stung by tiny detailed insects that come up out of nowhere to bite them in the ass and cause them grief.

The "what-if's" and unknowns often plagued them with worry, too. For instance, those pesky American Indians were always giving them problems, confusing them, and what is all that CORN anyway, why do they call is MAIZE when it's obvious that it's CORN, and what the heck can we do with THAT?! We have no microwave to pop that stuff! Can't we just kill off the buffalo and eat them ourselves, selling the pelts to make money to buy booze like every good old fashioned American cowboy should, without an Indian fighting to hog them all the damned time? I mean sheesh. Damned injuns anyway.

Whomever came up with the idea to genocide those people really didn't communicate their wants or needs very well to those injuns, now, did they? Perhaps the lack of communication issue is where all the pioneer problems stemmed from, ya think?

Ok so I digress. But my point is, communication is key even in unchartered territory.

So today I detailed my meltdown that I had with Peter, and sent it in an email to Pete. I will not share it here on the blog, and Peter is already aware of my hysterical episode and what it entailed, so I don't need to detail it for him. But I think it's safe for the general public to assume that I am still going through transitional stress right now. Probably will for awhile, until it actually happens. That's why part of me feels like, "clean break, fresh start, move now," is a better plan than to "take my time, obsess, hyperventilate, have hysterics, talk myself into it, talk myself out of it," like I have been doing so far.

In this world, a pioneer will learn that there are 2 kinds of people: PRO-active, and RE-active. Ayn Rand is not the only person who saw this. It's quite amazingly obvious. The RE-actives make up about 90% of the human population. They like to just sit and quibble about every little thing, bickering amongst themselves, wasting time arguing like on www.fark.com, (which I enjoy the humor of reading it but don't often participate), and like the Journey message board debating who is the better lead singer, labeling some as "Perry-heads" and others as "Augeri-fans," or "Soto-lovers," (of which I am sure there are few), and of course now, the brand new group of "Pineda-freaks" that have burgeoned on the scene.

Those other 10% of humans, as I like to consider myself most of the time, are PRO-active people, who try not to get enmired in all the quagmiristic (is that even a word? well I decree it is now, so take THAT Wikipedia), hullaballoo of reactionary fluff. Ya'll can sit around moping and whining and bitching and moaning about life, if you want to...but I've got more important things to do with my time. Ya know? I've got a whole entire PIONEERING GIG to deal with here. I don't have the energy to waste on bullshit soap opera crap, which (I admit) has derailed me a bit lately. It is a challenge to maintain the pro-active stance when all around you are reactive people giving you advice and chomping at the bit to push you forward when you're not quite ready to embark yet.

My mom's email, "Cool, let us know when the wedding will be, and where." That was her "ADVICE" to me...so apparently she's already got me married off, and I'm just barely at the stage of "Ok I will move to Pittsburgh to shack up with this man." Now if THAT isn't proactive, I don't know WHAT the hell is. LOLOLOLOLOL But good GAWD momma, take a chill pill will ya? You're killin' me ovuh heah. Cripes. The woman sends me a dozen jokes in email every damned day but only delivers a one-liner about getting hitched when I ask her in a 12-paged long-winded essay about giving me advice. Sheesh.

Therefore I hereby decree that the earth-shattering meeting of the Pete/Peter idea will have to be postponed for now due to the glitch on Monday. As a pro-active human, I will try my best to make it happen sooner than later, but for now perhaps a postponement isn't such a bad idea right now. The calendar is changing a bit. But it WILL happen, this meeting, face-to-face, and it WILL go smoothly, or I'll have to clunk both their Domly heads together.

So I put on my good Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes, hop on my donkey with my cowgirl hat on, and push off into the great unknown territory that is "being shared sexually by two opposite Domly kinda guys." This should prove to be interesting. It is either going to become the major flaw in my character that will cause my own tragic demise of doom, or it will be a smooth, easy transition that makes everyone happy. Methinks as a pro-active cowgirl, I prefer the easy happy version. But time will tell. And so I am off to create yet another spreadsheet, cuz I'm a spreadsheet-addict don'tchaknow...humbly trying to be in control of an unknown situation that has potential to either kill me slowly or make me a better person in a happier life.

Love, Sassy Girl

No comments: